Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Bouquet and Mother's Day


As a young person, I have done many nice things.  But mostly with fanfare and with expectations.  At least loudly.  For my nieces wedding, she carried a bouquet of some silk flowers and some handmade paper flowers.  I gave her a large bag of flowers and told her to help herself and get rid of whatever she did not use.  Included in this bunch were some of the ones that my grandmother, father and I bought for my dear late husband's funeral in 1993.  I have held on to them all these years, unable to let go.  This past winter I just got rid of his wallet.  Anyway, at the wedding Saturday I asked my neice what she had that was old - she said specifically the flowers from DLH funeral.  She never got to meet him, she was about 3 months old the first time I held her...at his funeral.  My heart is full.  Thank you Jesus.  What a way to spend Mother's Day and I know my mom was there, I could feel her too

No comments:

Post a Comment