Friday, May 4, 2018

What I Did Today to Further Our Move

This is what I should call the blog from now through the summer.  Ha.  We started packing up clothes out of the closet and this weekend, I am going to pack up remaining bed linens we won't need and try out my new space saver bags.  After I finish painting the deck.
Our buyer has been by the house 3 times with friends to look at her new home.  We talked about closing date and getting everything moved, etc.  She had a friend with her last night, so she agreed to come back tonight and we would pick a closing date and a date to be out.  I am leaving several things for her and her friend, including my writing table and our queen mattress and box springs/frame.  I told her I had scheduled a pick up from the city, but they are like 60 and 90 days out and she said just leave it - she would get a new pad and use it and then get rid of it as she saw fit.  Done!  I will also leave some other misc furniture that we don't have room for (lamps, a chair, couple bed side tables).  Last night DH and I started talking about just want is left to move and it seems like so much!  I had a hard time getting to sleep.  One foot in front of the other...
I walked with my friend last night.  She will take full bed mattress/box springs and an armoire and full size mattress/box springs.  Finally, another friend going to drive up and pick up couch, loveseat and chair/ottoman.  We still have tool box and entire garage, bunch of coolers, 2 pet crates, wet/dry vac, bunch of golf stuff, 2 iron outdoor chairs, 2 folding outdoor chairs, 2 folding tables, 4 folding card table chairs, 2 rocking chairs, iron plant rack, 6 small plant stands/tables, blanket stand, 2 bed headboards, jewelry armoir, a grill, 2 filing cabinets, a printer, small book shelf, 2 bar stools and a final TV. 
We are leaning toward closing on 7/2 and asking her time until 7/10 to get the couch, loveseat and chair/ottoman - since that is when my friend is going to drive up.  That way, we pay June house payment and go pay extended stay hotel for July and then just take essentials we will need 3 months to hotel - clothes/toiletries/medicine.  Maybe we can offer to pay utilities until 7/10 as consideration, but I don't think she will mind because she already volunteered and we are giving her bunch of stuff and a great deal on a $1200 year old washer dryer for $750.

No comments:

Post a Comment