Monday, May 21, 2018

Another Load Done

Back to "what I did today to prepare for our move".  We took the load of all the garage stuff that had been in the SUV for two weeks and unloaded.  We are seriously running out of room!  But I think we have about 1 more large stuff (grill, outside iron chairs, ladders, file cabinets, occasional tables, golf bags etc) we will move with bikes/trailer.  And then we should just have about 2 more full loads of misc kitchen, personal effects, clothing).  So, the light at the end of the tunnel...as they say.
We had friends I have known since middle school who stopped by RH on their way from my hometown (his mother passed, they had memorial and worked on decluttering her lake house).  So, we did not get as much done as we usu do, but we had a nice visit and stayed up way too late enjoying a firepit night. 
We briefly visited with my sister in law and her husband (road our ATV's by their house/through their field).  They both seem really tired and both are tired/stressed from dealing with his mother's home/estate - 3 hours away.  Brother in law had a lot in common with my friend from middle school - he is now going through the very same thing - smaller in scale (friend's mom was not quite a hoarded).  But friend is a single child and they live 20 hours away in another state.  It sure does make me think about 1)  how I will deal with my own estate (lifetime of decluttering/purging).  Either I will kick it in gear if DH goes before me, or I will not have to worry as much - as he will be forced to deal with it.  Either way...I am looking at my belongings in a whole new way.
I am interested in hearing other peoples thoughts on this.  Or just what you did this past weekend?  Summer plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment