Thursday, May 3, 2018

I Did It

I cannot believe I did it.  DH and I decided to spend half of the extra cash we made on our home sale on a fun trip.  This is the money left over after we pay off RH from the net proceeds of CH.  Of course, we are carrying this expense of the trip now until closing, but I will just pay my credit card off with my vacation/Roth savings and pay myself back out of the house sale. 
We wanted tickets to see a legendary guitar player - Eric Clapton before it is too late.  I missed out seeing one of my favorite artists in person - Prince.  So, I am not waiting on this dream trip.  So, we had to buy the tickets now before they were sold out.  I am beyond excited.  My husband is excited too, maybe not as much about seeing him in NYC as I am, but I figure in our old age we have plenty of time to sit on a beach.  Let's do NYC while we can still get around well and walk to and from the concert from our hotel. 
I truly cannot wait.  We do not do stuff like this very often.  The last trip we took was San Diego in 2015 and it was for DH work conference.  We never took a honeymoon and last year we celebrated 10 year anniversary by going out to dinner.  So, I want to spend a bit of our hard earned money on making some memories.  Wow, what a fun trip to look forward to!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun. I will forever regret never seeing Elvis in person. While you are in NYC, if you want to see anything else, I have a suggestion--go the Tenement Museum. Just google it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun! I cant for the life of me get my husband to go anywhere other than the beach!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't decided if we are driving or flying. I think we will go to Museum of Natural History, I will check out the Tenement Musuem...sounds intriguing.

    ReplyDelete