Saturday, August 18, 2018

More Shopping...NOT for Me

I bought my DGM 3 new tops yesterday and took her a yummy cookie and 4 fresh tomatoes.   She is doing well.  I think it made her happy.

Had a project this week that gave me anxiety for the week leading up to it.  I gave a speech last night to my coffee drinker friends.  It went fine.  I love the reflection this project brings.

Along with the reflection comes the nerves...and body aches...and heart burn.  I slept poorly all week...until last night.  I slept till 10 this am!  I never do that at my house, but here at hotel, I just sleep.

Much of my pain came from sitting in a poor chair at work.  I made a slight adjustment in the seat angle to alleviate the pressure on my sciatic nerve (my right foot was painful and numb Monday and Tuesday).  Then Wednesday and Thursday my low back was on fire.

I rarely have low back pain anymore now that I do yoga, but I have not been for 2 weeks.  The anxiety caused by doing something hard is good for me.  It pushes me.  Makes me grow.  It was a lot to gave anxiety pain and physical pain from sitting in the same week...coincidence?

Sometimes pain shapes perspective.  Over time that perspective evolves into something beautiful.   I believe everything that happened to me happened for a reason, softened my sharp edges and brought me to where I am now.  And I am in a great place.

Have a great weekend!  We are here in the city this weekend.  Going to play golf tomorrow,  do that is exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Nawm,
    I am glad you made you DGM happy. People are surprised at the slight adjustment I can make and alleviate pain in my back. Sometimes, it is a matter of moving my foot by just a bit of a lean. Hopefully, you can keep the pain at bay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell you what, that chiropractor cured me of sciatica and about 20 years of thinking I had arthritis in my back and hips. Admire you for being able to speak in public. That leaves me almost unconscious.

    ReplyDelete