Friday, August 24, 2018

Thursday and Friday

Was so busy at work Thursday,  no time to blog.  Wednesday evening after work, 10 if us from work went to nice patio restaurant in our of the pretty city entertainment districts and had happy hour for J who is leaving.  She started 11 years ago on very same day I started there.

Thursday worked, then we drove down to retirement house from city late.  Got here midnight. Thus morning we got our new freezer delivered.   We haven't had a freezer for couple of years.  City freezer died and we waited to replace.

Now electricians are finishing up the kitchen lights.  They replaced 5 can lights for LED with metal trim.  The old plastic ones from before yellowed and put all can lights on same circuit.  Also hung pendant over breakfast table on it's own.  The pantry proving complication to wire, so we are adding a 6th canned light directly in front and configuring switches so that I font have to walk all the way past pantry into utility room to turn on that light.

Then they will finish lights under cabinets and ander my sink and will be finished!  It already looks so much brighter!

I will post before and after monday!

Have a great Friday!

3 comments:

  1. When we had this house remodeled in 1977, I asked for lights under the cabinets. The guy thought that was crazy and tried his best to talk me out of them. He could have put the lights in for all the time he argued and told me he had never heard of that. They are my favorite lights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it figures, he probably didnt cook! Haha. The electrician put in a light under my sink too. They have to come back next Friday as they ran out of time today...ugggghhhhh. They didn't get here till 2pm! Now, I gotta take next Friday off again...my MIL offered to come over and let them in...might take her up on it. If they just would have gotten here when they said he would, they would have finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really have to hold their feet to the fire don't you. Got to be stressful bouncing back and forth and losing work time.

    ReplyDelete