Thursday, August 16, 2018

My Sister Made Me This!

I am so lucky to have a window seat in my house.  When we picked out this house, we loved the built ins and all the pretty trim and layout of the house.  All the built-ins were already painted white, or my husband would NEVER have let me paint the wood!  They were a little dingy.  So, a new coat of white paint really freshened the wood up!
This window seat is in the master bed room.  I don't recall the dimensions, but it is like 60+ inches.  When I looked into finding a cushion for it, they were not long enough or wide enough.  So, I decided I would have one custom made.  Then I shopped foam - holy canoli is that stuff expensive!  I had no idea!  It was like $50 a foot!  I did manage to snag some 50% off at Hobby Lobby.  My MIL offered me a loo-see through her fabric stash and I picked this black and gold pattern because 1)  she had enough, 2)  it went with my other colors well enough and 3)  it was FREE.  OK, now to get someone to sew it for me...lucky for me, my sister sews VERY well!
She skillfully sewed this lovely cover and the bolster pillows with the piping i had picked out.  She even made the cover so that it has Velcro on the bottom so the cover can be taken off and washed.  DH and I just love it and brag on it any time we show some one our house. 
Now I wanted to feature it to you.  Have a wonderful Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. I love a window seat! You got lucky all the way around. Being able to take the cover off is a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted a window seat. Even thought of adding a bay window to this house. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete