Tuesday, August 14, 2018

More Rightsizing...Still

You would think that after couple of years of purging, I would be about finished.  But I am not.  Now that we have everything (except what is in the hotel) moved in, we will do another sweep to get rid of extras, stuff that is too crowded and stuff we can see we won't need/use. 

This past weekend I cleared out a large set of dishes my MIL gave me.  I explained to her now that we have just smaller retirement house, we don't have the room.  I ventured that I might see if one of nephew fiances (when they get engaged) want them, or see if neice wants it...to keep the dishes in the family.  MIL seemed fine with it.  I sure do hope she understands.  She can see with her eyes how full we are.  So, she gave her blessing anyway.  And I was happy niece seemed thrilled.  I took pictures and texted her.  Then I packed up large microwave and toaster oven boxes and brought them back from retirement house.  The old microwave (we just hate it) I will try to give away without bringing back to the city.  LOL. 

Anyway, my cabinets are less crowded.  The timing is good because I am getting other stuff on kitchen worked out, so it is perfect.  DH and I have 7 more weeks in this extended stay hotel.  We are happy, because the person in the room above ours stomps around a lot, making a lot of noise.  Usu starting about 10pm.  Well, last night they stomped around starting at about 6pm and continued all through the entire night, DH said.  I did not hear because I fell into deep sleep.  Did not feel well yesterday.  It was not my tummy - it was my hands and feet soreness and achey, throat sore, glands...I sure hope I am not getting sick again.  DH said it is going around his work.  I blame the hotel, not the most clean place exactly.  It is not bad, but I am just amazed how people treat the property, not picking up after their dogs, trash overflowing the dumpster, floors dirty, weeds in the yard, cigarette butts, etc.  Gross.  We hope the upstairs people were up all night packing.  It would be consistent with a young college aged youth waiting till last minute to be up early this am to catch shuttle to the airport.

DH and his colleagues are interviewing people for his replacement.  I thinks they found the right person, but they have 2 more people to interview this am.  He will not be late today getting home, so I might some errands after work.  I need to go to the grocery and I have been promising my grandmother I would shop summer clearance sales for her to get couple new tops.  Last night I had so many things to do and did none.  I have to get a workout and errands done after work today. 
Guess I better get to work.  Happy (rainy) Tuesday!

3 comments:

  1. Sure would be nice if the stompers upstairs really were stomping as they prepared to leave. Hope the replacements are much quieter.
    Good idea to see if family members want some of your stuff. That makes everyone happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your comment on the other post (duplicate). I am reading a book about decluttering that is really helping me - it is by Dana White "Decluttering at the Speed of Life".

      Delete
  2. I first try to give away to family or friends. Then I may sell or donate. I only throw away stuff that can't be donated. All the waste I see around us makes me sad.

    ReplyDelete