Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Update on the Extended Stay Saga

Rained almost 2 inches Sunday afternoon into night and was still rainy Monday morning.  I have learned to walk the dog before I do hair and make up, then come in and finish getting ready for work.  DH walks the boy dog separately.  He is getting old and slow and does not want to walk as much as the girl.  So, I walk the girl and then get ready for work.

Work was uneventful.  They hired 2 more temps to work on my project, but no one mentioned to me (I work on a separate floor and its not like I see anyone on my team).  My work is still steady, but we are winding down I thought.  I just have no idea of the magnitude or implications.  I just hope I don't have to train them.  I feel like I don't know enough.  I just do few very specific parts of the project.

After work, it was still rainy, so I knew I would not walk.  And I was hungry and restless.  So we went out to eat with our friends B & B.  We go to this Asian buffet place.  We used to really like it, they have suchi rolls and hibachi, typical Chinese, shrimp, prime rib, etc.  But when I was having lots of issues with my tummy, I would eat various combinations to see if it helped...just sushi, just salad bar, just hibachi, just meat and veggies...even just fruit one time.  Well, we have pretty much decided this place must just bathe the food in MSG.  After we eat there, we feel bloated and sluggish and last night I drank 3 large glasses of water and woke up every 2 hours or so.  It is crazy.

Back to the hotel saga...evidently the police did arrest a man in the hotel we are staying in...it was in the 5 and 6 oclock news stories.  He had a wife and kids and checked in Sunday and when the police knocked on the door, he jumped out the 3rd floor window onto the awning below where he was shot with a police bean bag and fell on down to the ground where he was apprehended.  Crazy.  Oh, and this morning the elevator is broken and as I was leaving at 6:30 a man and a woman were yelling at each other because the elevator was broken and so we all have to use the side doors which require a key and sometimes don't work with a key...we gotta get out of this place!

6 comments:

  1. Ugh, nobody needs to sort of drama. How much longer do you need to stay at the extended stay place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 more weeks after this week! We have been here almost 9!

      Delete
  2. It sounds like hotel hell. Hopefully, things won't go wrong, progressively worse. No elevator, compounded by keys not working to come or go out, would be the last straw for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to move to AirBNB a month ago, but DH is there till the end. He did not want to "move" again. We do have some minimal kitchen supplies, all our toiletries and shoes/clothes for 3 months...but I would have moved it all myself! At least when we got home last night, the elevator was back in working order!

      Delete
  3. The good place about that hotel, anyplace will seem like a drastic improvement.
    Don't be surprised when you leave if it takes 2 people to replace you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At my work, yes. I am afraid it will take 2 people. I have seen 2 others come and go, taking and then giving me back part of my duties. So true on the other part about anything else being an improvement - if we can get through this, retirement is not looking as scary for me.

      Delete