Monday, August 27, 2018

Before and During

Kitchen lighting as it is now.  I still have to wait to get my under cabinet lighting installed.  The electricians are coming back Friday.  DH and I going back down for Labor Day, but we had not intended to take another Friday off work, so MIL and FIL will let electricians in Friday and they have a check to pay them, if they are finished before we get there 5ish.


Here are couple photos. 

At the top, slightly left of center, you can see the one of the old can lights.  They have plastic trim rings which have turned dingy gold yellow.  We replaced the trim rings for $5/a piece and LED bulbs for $8 each and there were 5 of them.  They are so much brighter now!

We took down the old pendant over the sink and put brass pendants.  They are full size, with clear globes.  We thought they would look cool with the old time looking bulbs.  They are not terribly bright, but the can lights are, plus we will have LED strings under all the cabinets, including the range hood and they will be on single wall switch, so I can just flip them on easily.  Should really help brighten up my workspace. 

The walls in the kitchen were a light dingy pink, original from 1996 or 97.  I painted them a warm gray which contrasted nice with the white cabinets, but does darken even more.  So, the lighting is a big deal in the kitchen.  They brighter flooring (that we had not planned on, LOL) helps brighten it up too.

We also took a can light out and added a pendant over the breakfast nook table and wired it separately, so we can sit there with just some nice ambient light if we want. 
I just love them.  Someday if we need really bright lights, we can switch out for traditional LED lights and have up to 100 watts in each pendant. 

Well, back to work this morning.  Gotta pay for all this.  Hope you have a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Love ambient lighting over table but like you, the kitchen must be bright. Looking good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will post more photos after my undercabinet lighting! I forgot to note that he also put a motion light under my sink! It is cool!

      Delete