Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Allergies

Even though we are getting a nice soaking rain after a thunderstorm last night, my allergies are really bad.  I started feeling the dry eye, sinus headaches mid week last week.  Sunday, Monday and today I can add in stomach issues.  I looked up the chart on the internet for allergens and no wonder!

On top of allergy season (spring and especially fall, for me) I was anxious to hear some bad news and struggling family members, then the trip to the lake and back home so late (I barely ate anything that sets me off)...even though I slept late Sunday, it is all catching up with me.  Monday I felt horrible.  I went home after work and went to bed.  DH ordered Chinese food and I sipped some soup.  I got a good rest, no walk last night.  I am going to eat very light today, see of I can be gentle with my system. 

I know we need the rain and maybe that will help.  Then allergies back to high tomorrow as we go into ragweed season, which is bad for me.  I know it is just temporary.  At least I will lose some weight, so there is that!  When allergens are high, my autoimmune goes into high gear.  I have tried allergy medicine, but not much helps my tummy with the allergen irritation.  About the only thing I can do is eat well, rest and moderate exercise.  It will last about 2 weeks.  I don't really have the weight to lose this summer, so I am praying it is not too bad this season. 

Do any of you have late summer/fall allergies?  Spring?  Any of you notice a coinciding gastrointestinal dysfunction?  Any remedies you can think of.  I try to do lots of whole foods, soups, broths and smoothies.  Maybe I will crockpot a chicken over the weekend at Retirement Home and get some good old fashioned bone broth, rich in collagen and sip on it all next week.  Sitting here thinking about trying some Kombucha.
Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I use Quercetin for my allergies. Basically apple peels so no side effects. As for the stomach, I recently started taking Manuka honey from New Zealand, It is expensive but it has done wonders on my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 2 things I have never even heard of! Thank you! I put them on my Amazon list.

    ReplyDelete