Friday, August 10, 2018

Are We More Divided?

Wooooo weeeee, been busy at work! 

Was thinking about my last post...

Are we more divided than ever?  Is this a narrative that the media promotes so sell more ads?  I don't know.  When we look back in history, it sure seems that mankind has been divided since we got here.

I do know this, money and corruption are making it seem worse.  With all the info sources one is bombarded with on a daily basis, it is easier and harder to follow the money.  My take away is that motives need to be constantly weighed.  If I don't know for sure, I just try to pray and think positive.

Hope you all are having a positive day!  I found a couple cool podcasts,  new to me:  Southern Gothic and Maybe It's You.

I will do an entire post on podcasts soon.  I love many!

4 comments:

  1. I do believe division and anger was virulent that there was a coming together still possible. Now, it seems neighbors are ill will neighbors. I mean next door neighbors. In the South of the past, we only killed our relatives and close friends. Now, people just drive by and take out anyone, often not even hitting their target.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I see what you mean. Lots of emotion when it comes to those close to us. "Domestic violence" sort of a euphemism to make it more palatable. Now, it seems easy to direct our violence to just anyone. Wonder where that emotion is coming from?

      Delete
  2. Yes and I see no end to it. Each day brings more horrific acts of man against man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly makes me stop, take a deep breath and force myself to put it in perspective...but that is difficult.

      Delete