Friday, April 20, 2018

Rest

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1
My friend at work has a funny saying "crank daddy out a hit".  We were just talking this morning about activity level, health and how sitting at work all day 8 - 12 hours a day is not good for us.  It takes years to build up strength and endurance.  I walked with my girlfriend last night, T.  We were reflecting how long it has been since it was nice enough outside in this long Midwest winter.  Our usual 4 miles was harder last night.  We also discussed our yoga over the past 6 years and how we see progress being made.  But it has taken 6 years!  And this morning my work friend and I were talking about how just the last year of overtime has sapped us!  Years to build up, months to lose.  But, the important take away is that it is NEVER too late to start.  If nothing else, working out benefits my state of mind.  I think it will be more easy to fit in and more important than ever to continue this in retirement.  My DH has been eating a little bit better and walking more with golf and he has lost 12 pounds in 3 months.  Funny thing is, our doctor told him his sodium was low, so to drink less water.  What?!  That is crazy, but makes sense because he and I have been obsessed with water and I think it is because of 3 things:  1)  our Y*@i tumblers.  I love them!  2)  we gave up diet soda and 3)  this sort of goes together, but I think he and I both are more sensitive to salt/medications may be making us thirsty.  Either way, good news...unless there is some underlying problem I need to worry about...too late, I worry proactively.  We are really focusing on getting our required sleep every night with these last couple years of hard work on both houses, at our jobs and with my health condition.  So, here's to not worrying...not worrying that this weekend will AGAIN be cold and rainy and so we still will not be able to paint our deck...not worrying that my dogs health is tenuous and they will get sick again...not worry that my DH has underlying health issue...not worrying that I will soon be moving away from my 99 year old dear grandmother...not worrying that we won't sell our house soon enough...or fast enough...No, I refuse to worry.  I will focus on gratitude, rest and turning it over to Him...and lunch and a movie with my 2 aunts on Sat.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment