Wednesday, April 11, 2018

J...Junction

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1
I am at a junction in my life and I can't wait to turn and start down the different path!  I hate the feeling of wishing time away and I have to be careful that I don't obsess on it.  But I am so ready for a change.  I have barely slept the past 3 weeks I have been so stressed about my dogs and about getting the house show ready and getting pictures of it to list.  Then last night I became obsessed with another thought - I need to get photos to make flyers to have ready for people who drive by!  Another thing on my to do list!
And my older male dog is just so restless and thirsty at night.  He whines and wakes me up several times a night wanting to drink water and go outside.  Well, in CH we do not have a fenced yard so I either have to put him on a leash or walk out with him and keep an eye on him.  Then the little girl dog wakes up and wants to go too!  Then we all have to try to sleep again.  A few nights when I have waken up, I can't get back to sleep because I am hungry...ugh.  Here I am at work today and I wish I had some of those glasses like Homer Simpson that he could put on and when he closed his eyes, the glasses looked like his eyes were still open!  HA 

Here is a photo of my two dogs.  The female is down below, the male on the back of my chair.  They love to be covered up.  Since they have been sick, they have both been very needing.  And Chihuahuas are pretty needy anyway, especially rescue Chihuahuas!

Anyway, it has got me to thinking.  Since we are moving for sure October 1st.  What big deal would it be if I move as soon as the house sells?  Then the dogs would have a fenced yard and I could get my kitty back from my friend who lives 3 hours away.  I don't think the kitty is doing well.  She is too old to adjust to other cats.  I really thought she would be ok, because she likes other people and animals so much, but she is just hanging out in their bathroom.  I really just think this is part of how I transition to such a big change...obsess and worry about it and brainstorm. 
It will all work out.  The important thing is that things are going to change BIG.  SOON.  I need to enjoy my day to day.  I am going to start with buying some puppy pads at the store tonight after work and see if I can persuade the male dog to sleep next to our bed, instead of on it.  Wish me luck.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have to spoiled babies. I love little Chihuahuas but we choose to have no pets since we like to go places and not worry about them. My daughter has always been alergic to dogs too. My sister in law has two Chihuahauas. I always have to give them lots of loving when I see them.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I were going to travel (we ride motorcycles) and do stuff together, have fun...we bought a maintenance free home...then we took in a rescue Chihuahua about 5 years earlier than we planned...so much for plans, huh? We had never had small dogs either, but they are great for cuddling.

      Delete
    2. Have you tried taking your pups out on the motorcycles? Our 40# Pit-Boxer loved riding with us on his trike (Harley Tri-Glide). We had a friend who carried his Min-Pin everywhere on his bike - she traveled in a tank bag, believe it or not!

      Donna B. McNicol|Author and Traveler
      A to Z Flash Fiction Stories | A to Z of Goldendoodles

      Delete
    3. We seriously thought about it, but our male dog is really sensitive to noise. Our female does not mind noise, but the male hates anything loud - vacuum, etc. And while the female does not seem to mind loud noise, she wants to bark and chase any motorcycle. So, I think we have missed that window!

      Delete