Monday, April 9, 2018

H for Hope, i am finally caught up in A to Z!

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1
Sometimes I get pretty down that I did not get to have children.  So, as we have aged and as we are moving/selling one house and purging a lot.  I realize that this will be a lifelone process for me.  My lightening the load is affected by my DH.  He wants to keep everything.  JIC!
But after having purged SO MUCH from our CH we are getting ready to sell.  It has been a very positive experience, clearing spaces and clutter.  Have things we use everyday put away in such a manner that we can easily access, easily clean and easily put away out of sight.  I could get used to this!
I think as we retire and I get DH to help me more with cooking and cleaning, he will come along too.  He has made great strides in the past few years helping to purge.  He is amazing because so much of the way I want my life to look has meant some change/acceptance/effort on is part too!  For example, I cleared out the master bath and kicthen so that everything we use out of sight and not on the counters.  Makes it pleasing to look at (peaceful) and SO much easier to clean.
My hope is that I continue this journey and continue to live intentionally and be able to have more down time.  That in turn alleviates my stress (and let's fact it, resentments) and makes me feel nice and contented...something I have search for into my 40s.  I feel better about streamlining my home to have fun now and to not burden neice and nephews later!
We had a conversation with DH brother and our sister in law last night.  We are all at the age where we are slowing down, don't want so much stuff and need to be mindful of our limits.  We all had experienced an increasing sense of urgency and desire to change primarily due to "stuff" lately.  I told them that doing all this moving makes me feel like I am losing the battle, but the awareness is the first step.  What we choose to do to remedy this is up to us!
What does hope mean to you?  Short term?  Long term?

No comments:

Post a Comment