Friday, April 20, 2018

Staging

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1
 I am all about selling this house.  We are not even into week one of trying to live in a model home and be ready at the drop of a dime to show it...while we both work full time.  Oh joy.  I hope this does not have to go on for too long.  I know we will look back on this and laugh someday when re reminisce about this crazy busy time.  Sell this house!  I showed it to a woman and her daughter Sunday.  I am showing it tonight after work and I am showing it again this weekend! 
Our patio home is the middle unit of 3 to a building.  It is 2 levels, the stairs being the large open cutout in the center of the unit.  So, no door to shut and the large windows facing southwest and the vaulted ceilings and tray ceilings in basement all make our unit very bright.  I love our home, but honestly, it really is too big for us.  DH just stays upstairs in the main living room all the time.  I prefer the basement because it is cozier and I don't like vaulted ceilings.  If I was a single person, I would for sure prefer the smaller ones.  But, my priorities have changed along this journey of my life.  I used to want more, more, more.  After dragging this stuff around and trying to maintain it, organize it, store it, move it...esp clean it and clean around it...I have learned the less I have, the less I have to curate it. 
DH has said many times maybe we should have bought a bigger house for retirement.  I think not.  I am so glad we found the one we found and loved it so much.  it is the 2nd house we have bought together and both houses we both instantly liked just as much as the other person and both decisions to buy have been easy.  This RH has forced us to look at our possessions and assess how they will fit in our lifestyle.  More than just a move would have done because we are literally changing our lifestyles.  Any move I have made (and I have moved A LOT) has forced me to make some purging decisions.  Especially our last move of 2 households into one - we both had 3 bedroom houses!  But moving into this RH with no basement storage, has really made me prioritize and DH too.  He is the one who decided our budget and I am usually the conservative saver/budgeter, but I paused...how much?!  I asked.  Well, there went his view.  He did give up his hope for a view, but seriously.  Add $100k on for a view where we were looking.  And choosing the area we chose, near his mother and father  and sister and her husband, has been a God-send toward helping us get the home and get it ready for us to move there full time.  Thank goodness we went this route.  They have helped us fix things, let people in to fix things, gotten our mail, given us firewood, watered our plants, checked on our water heater, referred a handy man/contractor/mower to us...we could NOT have done this without our family. 
Here are some pictures of city house we are selling.  I wish I had more before...but it was sort of unremarkable.  I do have before of my basement library and after...the bookcases are before, the carpeted room are the after.







No comments:

Post a Comment