Saturday, April 7, 2018

Finances

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1

How appropriate, today I was gonna tackle F and I thought F...finances.

2 things.  DH and I are pouring through about 800 coins for my DGM that she collected with my grandfather.   He was killed in 1977 in a horrible accident.  So, she still has part of their collection.  All but 2 circulated.  Less than $80 face value...about 225 coins are high silver (earlier than 1965).  We will see what we can get for her, some melt,  some numismatic collector value and most face value.

Other thing on my mind is how sick both of my dogs have been.  It started when I took to a vet not my usual vet...for their ear allergies.  They received medicine for ears and a week latter my 10 yo male chi mix got very sick...cried for 4 days and we had all kinds of tests and got better in about 4 days; then our 4 yo chi female got very sick and we took her to emergency vet one night and then back to ear vet.  Ear vet was in surgery, so they told DH drop her off and get would check her after surgery.   DH back to work.  No word till afternoon.  Tech told me more tests...said after DH dropped her off she was not acting as if she was as miserable.   Called, said we could pick her up after work, get tech said possibly virus.  Asked me to bring back fecal sample.  She seemed little better overnight while we waited for results.  During afternoon Friday vet called and said she had pancreatitis!  Suggested we bring her back for admittance and iv drip!  I was angry (they did nothing for her all day thursday!) and scared...raced home...she still seemed ok.  Wow, had been quite the couple of weeks...my credit card very busy...I am really angry about how the vet handled things...need to let it process and pray about it.  I will gladly pay the expensive bills... just want my dogs to be ok...and to get a good night's rest.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your little dog is fine. I have to say she looks close to being a twin of my boy chi mix, those lovely soft ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. They seem much better, which really makes me think we were correct in assessing that they caught a bug (at the vet's ironically). It happens. I don't blame anyone.

    ReplyDelete