Thursday, April 12, 2018

Keep

Keep on Keeping on
http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1
I am in awe of people who blog for more than a few months.  This is hard!  I am trying to do the A to Z challenge for April, and it sounded like a good idea at the time.  But I am a little stymied.  So, I will talk about something positive.  My theme is Righsizing (I prefer the term for my  own purposes than downsizing).  Rightsizing is moving  toward the type of home and lifestyle that allows me to pursue some peace and quiet and let's me get to know myself and my needs on a basic level.  I also want to experience some down time.  I have never been one to sit still.  I have never been good at being alone either.  I have been lucky enough to be happily married for several years now and love spending most of my time with my husband.  Although I am with him most of the time and want to be with him most of the time, i crave some solitude.  I also feel comfortable working on projects and being busy, but I am also tired.  I  crave some time where I do not have projects looming.  I guess I am looking for what most people seek - balance.    I had coffee with some friends after work (after I bought doggy pee pads and had flyers made for the house).  Then I went home, heated up some leftovers for DH, had some left over salmon that I baked the other day and I put my favorite soothing music on and washed my face and brushed my teeth and promptly went to bed at 8:30.  I only woke up briefly to take my ear buds out and then fell back asleep until time to get up to get ready for work.  I feel great today.  So, while I talk a lot of all the stuff I am doing to get ready to sell and move, purging, selling, giving, throwing away...one of the things I will keep are friends with coffee and thanks to texting, email, social media, blogging and podcasts...I can feel plugged in to real and virtual friends. 
How do you keep plugged in? 

2 comments:

  1. I'm an introvert, actually, probably an ambi-vert. I can socialize (in person) when needed (many years of being a professional consultant), but then I get "peopled out" and need to withdraw. Fortunately my hubby recognizes and supports me. We both give each other alone time as needed...his is early morning when I sleep in and mine is staying in bed, playing on my iPad for an hour after I wake. Now that I can't take long motorcycle trips anymore, he will still go off on one once or twice a year and I fully support it. I love that "me" time.

    Donna B. McNicol|Author and Traveler
    A to Z Flash Fiction Stories | A to Z of Goldendoodles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish my husband would have other interests or still go on his rides. I would worry terribly, but that is part of life, I guess. In retirement, I will have to ask for and carve out solitude time, something I lack now.

      Delete