Thursday, April 19, 2018

Quote

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1
I recently listened to the Stephanie Madolf Mack memoir "The End of Normal".  She gives a quote that made me stop what I was doing and write it down:  "...These banalities of everyday life aren't anything you think to preserve, much less cherish..."  But anyone who has been through any type of trauma or heartbreak will tell you they totally are.  And I think that was what she was trying to say.  Her husband was Bernie Madolf's oldest son and was devastated to the point of suicide by his father's crime. She had 2 young children with Mark Madolf before he died.
I am actually looking forward to hot yoga tonight, Tues night eagle pose eluded me on my left leg (my stronger balance leg) but I totally nailed it on the right!  Yes.  I still can barely suffer through the pose where he makes us stand on one leg and grab the other foot with both hands while face down to bent knee, then we straighten the knee keeping our head down to knee (I don't know what this one is called).  But I feel progress being made...I will get there!  I just recently got into a handstand position and could hold it (with a spotter).  I cannot get into it fluidly, I do a bit of huffing and puffing and maybe even a squeal, but I can support myself with my arms.  That is the first step...actually that is not true...the first step is saying "I can do this". 
Have shown my house twice now.  I am showing it again this weekend I think.  And hopefully finishing all projects by cleaning/sandling/touching up my deck so we can put the sign in the yard Sunday.  Hopefully that will get us some more traffic the next weekend.  That weekend it is our neighborhood garage sale and the parade of homes - both happening weekend of April 25.  Of course I will be out of town at a continuing education seminar, but I am thinking of taking the dogs with me (we have a doggy door and a fenced yard at RH - so they can come and go while I am gone all day).  And then DH can focus on showing the house if nec.  He will be recovering from arm surgery (it is minor - some nerve damage, they will clean up some impingement happening at elbow).  So it will be perfect excuse for him to sit around and relax (and show the house, fingers crossed!).
The woman last night who came has a buyers agent and this buyers agent has really worked me over good about the commission.  I finally suggested that we finish the discussion if her client actually liked my house.  Geez, why are we even worrying about it now?!  This is a young divorcing mother of 2 teenage sons.  A nurse.  Her parents were with her.  Very nice, from California.  The agent let me know that the parents are capable of writing a check for cash.  Note:  she did not say they were GOING to pay with cash.  So much posturing.  Uggggh.  I HATE it.  I spare all the teeth gnashing and griping for DH and basically take it out on my friend at work who is 1)  well versed in buying and selling property and 2)  is from California.  He told me surely we had sold it when I told him the buyers agent called me after the showing discussing some of my homes weaknesses the ceiling (our huge vaulted ceiling has been repaired/spot painted from water damage from a storm back in 2012), the carpet downstairs is old and shows dirt and our deck needs to be repainted.  Well, I laughed and said we are waiting for the weather to cooperate to do the deck and the carpet is easily replaced - with someone's personal preference and the ceiling is what it is.  It is not hideous to look at, not really all that noticeable, but a discerning eye can surely see it and plus, we will have to disclose the water damage anyway.  DH and I were surprised nothing was said about our old white appliances.  Was she posturing or just thinking down the road if she does work with me.  I don't know.  I just know that this house is going to sell soon.  The sooner the better as we try to live in the house with 2 dogs and work full time downtown - 20 miles away.  But, it sure is fun living in such a clean and uncluttered home in the meanwhile with almost all projects done (except that pesky deck!).
After the showing last night, we exchanged a set of bath towel bars at the home store and went out for dinner and it was nice to just relax and not work on either house for an hour.  We talked a bit out our future and it was nice.  Then we came home and watched Josh Gates on TV.  HIs new show is called Legendary Locations and we enjoyed it.  And I worked on this afgan that I am making for my friend who is fostering my kitty all these months.  Her favorite color is blue so I used a medium bright cornflower sort of blue and a baby blue (it looks white in the photo, but is not) in this fun chevron pattern.  I know she will like it.  I have to sort of hurry though, because I find I don't work as well on crochet in the warmer weather.  I am outside as much as I can be and it is too warm working on a blanket on my lap in the heat.  Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment