Thursday, April 5, 2018

D for Debt


http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1
I realized I am a letter behind.  I will catch up Monday.
Debt is a symptom.  Maybe people go into debt because they don't know anything else.  Maybe people go into debt to avoid dealing with something.  At the basic level, debt is spending more than you make.  Or, at least choosing to pay later instead of sooner. 
Speaking of debt, now my girl Chihuahua is sick.  In the last 2 months, between getting cat all her shots so she could live safely with my friend's cats for a few months and my 2 dogs being sick, I think we have spent over $1300.  All of it charged...then the usual expenses confronted in the first part of a year...taxes, continuing education, professional licenses, HOA...then the bathroom tile...I am on a strict no spending plan now.  Which means I have to work to earn...so after being up most of the night with my sick female dog, I sure did want to stay home today.  But I managed to get up and in on time.  I am glad DH has a work from home day, he can keep an eye on her.  All she did was whimper last night.  We took her to emergency vet, they ruled out anything obvious/life threatening, so we brought her home.  She has been increasingly uncomfortable last 3 days, culminating in extreme discomfort and vomiting last night. 
Also speaking of debt, the opposite of it.  Before I got home to find my little girl sick, I spent time with my dear grandmother.  She and I went through a coin collection of hers and counted it all out and catalogued it so that DH and I can liquidate it for her.  it was $70 and some change face value but included some old coins, steel pennies, some Mercury and Liberty dimes and other silver coins, like some old quarters.  She will be happy to get that done, she said she might as well do it now and enjoy a treat - I wholeheartedly agree.
How will you treat yourselves today?  I am going to say some prayers and breathe deep and go to 2nd hot yoga this week, tonight and bed at 8:30pm!  I do have a man that saw my "coming soon" house listing.  He wants to see it when we are ready to show it.  That is a little treat, even if nothing comes of it.  I realized a certain number of people going to have to see our listing before we find "the one".  Have a great Thursday!
Psalm 50:10-11 “For every beast of the forest is mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know all the birds of the hills, and all that moves in the field is mine.”

No comments:

Post a Comment