Wednesday, October 10, 2018

My Pumpkin Coffee Joy

Yesterday we walked the pup to the park and played.  Later, it was rainy and we couldn't do much outside, so I sat on our porch and read.

Today is was sunny but cool.  The sun dried up the yard enough to mow.  We could not get push mower to start, so I took it to small engine repair.

DH thinks he diagnosed why our dryer stopped heating.   We go pick up part tomorrow.

While DH mowed with big mower, I dug up whole line of large rocks along one side of the house.  Now We are relaxing our tired muscles and I am enjoying a cup of pumpkin coffee with pumpkin coconut creamer.

Internet provider (#2) could not get wiring at our house to work, so he has to come back Friday.  Since we waited for him today, I still haven't grocery shopped or taken our large bag to thrift store.

If we can get dryer to work tomorrow, I will consider it a victory week.

We also gave up on trying to get trimmer started.  We are going to ask DH BIL if he will look at it for us.  Today was sort of frustrating,  but yard is mowed now and those stupid rocks are gone.

Joy is not a constant. It comes to us in moments - often ordinary moments. Sometimes we miss out on the bursts of joy because we're too busy chasing down the extraordinary moments. Other times we're so afraid of the dark we don't dare let ourselves enjoy the light. A joyful life is not a floodlight of joy. That would eventually become unbearable. I believe a joyful life is made up of joyful moments gracefully strung together by trust, gratitude and inspiration
~ Brené Brown

P.S.  I am going to help my girlfriend sell some of her disabled sister's old designer shoes,  so I got my Poshmark restarted and sold a blouse and a pair of my own shoes!  I just need internet so I can print the labels...Oy vey!

4 comments:

  1. You have a lot going on. Hope the mower and dryer get fixed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wait till the internet guy gets back and realizes DH accidentally cut his temp wire in half with the mower. Our yard was tall (mower quit showing up) and internet contractor left line diagonal across our yard. Why not run it across front of yard/then side of driveway? Great. I am making DH tell him Friday.

      Delete
  2. I've come to believe that each day is a new journey where ordinary things can suddenly become spectacular. It doesn't take much to get me excited anymore. The plan is to keep moving forward, one single moment at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be wrong way to think, but sometimes I think life is not ever going to be any better than now. Keep moving forward...I like it. I should remember the me of tomorrow is that much better than the me today. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete