Sunday, October 7, 2018

Sunday Travel

This has been longest since I started writing my blog to post.   It is also the first vacation.  So, it was hard to take time to stop and write posts (plus I am still working off my phone only).

We fly back to our city today from NYC.   I will write more about our wonderful long weekend soon.  I just have to say the concert last night was just amazing and we both really lived it all.  

Madison Square Garden,  the walk to and from the show from the Kn Marriott Marquis, the opening artists (Jimmie Vaughn and Gary Clark Jr.) Were so good.  If you have a chance, check out Gary Clark Jr. 

Then Eric Clapton came out in his true lack of fanfare style, played some great old bluesy numbers, then Layla and Tears in Heaven and couple others acoustic.  He had great sound, timing perfect, same voice...he had a great guitar player paying some of his riffs,  but understandable considering EC is in his 70s.  He even did White Room, which is one of my favorite Cream songs.  Then Wonderful Tonight, Crossroads, Cocaine...The audience loved it.

For encore, he came back out and they played a number that keyboard player sang (he had an amazing voice) and piano guy was literally top notch!  Vaughn and Clark,  Jr. played guitar with Clapton...made us all want more.

Best concert of my life...the end.

See you Monday!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a great time. I love Layla and Tears in Heaven and Wonderful Tonight, amongst others.

    ReplyDelete