Friday, October 12, 2018

Paring Down


I heart this post...I hope the link works.  But if not, Google this excerpt below.

https://zenhabits.net/paring/

This excerpt I esp relate to:  "...We use full lives to distract ourselves from being fully present...It’s understandable that we overfill our lives — we are usually acting on desires, and not giving full contemplation to what we want in our lives and what we don’t want..."

But I am much better than I used to be.  Big step is realizing this and being open to learning and improvement.  I cannot improve what I do not acknowledge.   Ok, I might have heard that on Dr. Phil, but I agree.  And knowing this is a pattern, I understand some decisions I have made and actions taken that I would do differently know, if I had the chance.

I also believe in tge importance not of just identifying and receiving what we want in life, but giving it voice.  Telling our lived ones, partners, friends...writing it down.  I have seen friends and family so focused on what they didn't want, that that is what they gave energy to...and that is essentially what they got. 

Am I saying all we need in life is The Secret?  No, but I want to know, plan for, get and enjoy what I truly want in life.  And right now, part of what I want is to be truthful to myself and strip away my detractors and excess.  Then I hope to understand more about myself in solitude.  Solitude I either never had, or never handled well in my younger years.

No covering up, shopping away, over eating, exercising away, substance distractions...just me.

I hope you have a stripped down, slow Friday.  IF you want that.  Otherwise,  get busy...time's awasting!

2 comments:

  1. I too have been paring down the distractions in my live. I find we have to much stuff. We have this idea in our heads, if we don't fill every waking moment with something productive, that somehow we have failed. Finding quiet time and learning to be comfortable with your own thoughts is precious and should never be considered wasted time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that children should learn solitude and how to handle it. I have a couple friends who are only children and they seemed better at it as younger kids. Since I had a sister, I never had solitude.

    ReplyDelete