Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Losing Track

Not sure what day it is.  We got power washer to clean back patio.  Then I put down a cute outdoor rug and painted some large white rocking chairs a cheerful yellow. 
 
Since we had dusk to dawn sensors on our back patio,  we left them on 24/7.  Our street dark, esp backyard.  So we liked lights on.  Lights attract lots of bugs.  Bugs attract birds, etc.
 
Could not wait to get those lights off, replace the globes and wash that patio!
 
Still cant post photos.  We will have internet installed when we get back next week. Then I can post pics and see other people's blogs I miss.
 
On a good note, I did find hone and auto insurance and got that paid for.  Shopping saved us almost $400/year.
 
Have a great mid week!

3 comments:

  1. Since yellow attracts stinging insects, I never plant seating for outdoor yellow. I put LED lightbulbs in my light over the side door, and I may get two bugs each night. Try led for no bugs.

    I wish I could find cheaper insurance. It went up with the new car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh great. I can't wait. I sat in my chair this morning before the sun came up and killed 6 mosquitoes. We want to screen in our patio, but we have to get some trim painted/repaired, increase our insulation/attic flooring and get new AC first, by way of priorities. I hope a citronella candle will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use several citronella candle at the perimeter.

    ReplyDelete