Thursday, October 11, 2018

Live Deep

“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8 (ESV)

DH and I went to other side of the county to pay our taxes today.  We also got parts to fix our old dryer.  We bought a very nice set last year for city house...where they still live happily.  We hope to get fww more years out of this set.  I bought new range and dishwasher last year for retirement house, so I hope to space out another new appliances.

My problems are scarce and few.  I feel blessed that so many things have come together (along with planning and hard work) for this wonderful time in my life and retirement with DH. 

I know there are many people out there suffering.  Animals suffering.  Less fortunate.   I say my prayers every night.  Thanking God and asking for his help in the morning.

My heart goes out to all affected by Hurricane Michael.  If you or your loved ones are affected, comfort and safety I wish for you.

4 comments:

  1. I am grateful many times a month that I live in the county seat so I don't have to travel more than ten or so blocks to access courthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are 25 miles from county seat, but also much quieter and way less traffic over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nawm, as I grow older, I find myself more and more drawn into gratitude for all that is and has been and will be. Like you, I feel so fortunate for my life. We are blessed. Peace.

    ReplyDelete