Monday, November 19, 2018

This Is Me! Day 19

This was from my Proverbs 31 Ministry devotional Friday...
"I lay in bed, eyes wide open. Everything around me at rest, except my mind. It's racing once more, reminding me that the darkness that is night, is not the only darkness that can rise. There's another that can fill our hearts and minds. Anxiety. Guilt. Regret. Those are my bedtime companions. The foes of a soul not at rest."
  -Katrina V. Wylie

The phrase that caught my eye:  "boundaries are not burdens" they are gifts.

Especially helpful after my trip back to family in the city this past weekend.

Just ran to the store and stocked up.  I may have to go again to help with DH family dinner Sat.  But I got my shopping done and got what I was planning to fix and bring.  Sat night SIL told me that her mom told her she is not doing the majority of the holiday meals this year.  And SIL said she and I are doing, and that Christmas dinner might be at my house.  Sure would have been nice to have been privy to this discussion.  I told DH and he just shook his head.  Seems like a bad year to change everything, why not wait until SIL is retired next year.  Oh, well.  I will just roll with it.

I will talk more about my anxiety later.  Not ready yet.  I am still dealing with adjusting to my new life in retirement and the huge money adjustment that goes with that.  I know everything will work itself out.

Just one foot in front of the other.  I will send some of that energy out in yoga tonight. 
Have a great Monday!  Day 19 and I am grateful for yoga.

No comments:

Post a Comment