Sunday, November 25, 2018

Day 25, Grateful for Perspective

Maybe you’re experiencing a season of life right now where you feel...rejected, abandoned, disappointed, unwanted, alone...We all experience these feelings at one time or another. Maybe as a little girl or even a grown woman who desperately wishes her daddy would love her, an employee who longs for the approval of her boss, a woman who would give anything if her husband would pay attention to her, or one whose husband has walked away. Maybe you feel forgotten by friends or family during the busy holiday season, and loneliness and painful emotions threaten to steal your joy...When we find ourselves feeling this way, we’re faced with two choices. We can turn away from God in anger and frustration and develop a sour attitude. Or we can allow the words of the psalmist to motivate us to step up in our faith...Psalm 43:3, “Send out your light and your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live...If you’re feeling forgotten, by others or by God, let your hope swell and your joy return by intentionally believing that God will never leave you and is always by your side. Make a commitment to focus on God’s presence and the blessings He’s given you, and let God be the source of your joy...Dear Lord, I’ve been feeling...alone in this world...Forgive me for doubting, and fill my heart with the joy of Your presence. I commit today to seek after You, put my hope in You and praise You even when I’m struggling. In Jesus’ Name, Amen."
   -Tracie Miles

This really resonated with me today.   If have felt lonely and lost in my life...I developed bad coping strategies.  I persevered at my poor choices...I learned I can also make better choices...and preserver in the those.  Today, I try to remain hopeful, grateful and help others.  My feelings change like the weather in the midwest.

Wish me luck as we play golf in the wind today.  Cold front is coming in and all day temps will be dropping.

Have a wonderful Sunday.  Spoil yourself just a little today.  Start with a thought.

Day 25, I am grateful for perspective.

4 comments:

  1. How did playing golf in the wind go for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew 11:28-30
    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

    For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

    Hope this helps you. You are never alone if you are one of God's children. : )

    Hope your golf game went well in winds.

    ReplyDelete