Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Being Scared, Days 26 & 27

We slept in late Monday after a windy cold 4 hour golf game on Sunday, followed by an evening Dexter binge session on NF.  Monday we just puttered around the house and checked in with family that had to drive back to blizzard Sunday in the city.  Temps in the 20's and about 6 inches of snow.  Stayed in the 30's here yesterday.

Today when I got up 27 but sunny.  I slept really good thanks to my 90 min power yoga last night, but as soon as I woke up my mind started...

Tomorrow we have to drive to the city.  DH has an appointment with an oncologist.  He told his mother the doctor was a hematologist.  Well, he is...but his specialty is oncology.

It is weird to have a worry like this and no work to escape to, distract me.  I do well to focus on a goal (getting through an 8-10 hour workday).  But just sitting here with it...well that is new to me.  Ironic that tomorrow we drive 4 hours to oncologist appt and it marks the exact 60th day of our retirement.  The 2 months have been amazing.  We have finished some projects, tweaked our house and set it up to serve our day to day life, continued to organize and purge, get ready for winter, enjoyed settling in to a daily routine, done some nice hikes and walks.  But we have relaxed a lot and we like it.  Perfect time to retire...fall.  Get our house situated, streamline and get ready to enjoy a long, slow, calm and quiet winter.  Now this.

DH is not letting on at all that he is worried.  He is actually like a little boy when he is hurting or sick usually, but he is very quiet on this.  He says he is not worried since it has been going on several years (red blood cell anemia).  That does not worry me by itself, but he is also having some kidney function tests that are abnormal (hyponatremia and creatinine) and that combined with the anemia scares me.

More later.  Please send positive energy if you don't pray, prayers if you do.  I am grateful for other's prayers and I am grateful for our 60 days.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for a good outcome and strength for you both as you go through this. I can empathize as my DH just completed radiation and chemotherapy. Thanks to many prayers and an outstanding medical team his recent scan is clean.
    Hoping there is an easy answer to these issues.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've said a prayer. Remember it is in God's hands and He doesn't want you to worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying that your DH has a good outcome concerning this health scare/issue, for the strength y'all will need to get through this and for many more years to enjoy retirement.

    ReplyDelete