Friday, November 9, 2018

Day 9, Today

I slept pretty good last night without DH, but woke up 5am and could not fall back to sleep.  I might just get layered up and walk the pup.

BIL and SIL need help with the cattle while he is working this weekend out of town.  They have a 2nd baby, so nursing cows need extra nutrients,  esp when this cold.  It was low 30s this am, hard freeze tomorrow and Sunday be in the teens.  I assured him, SIL and I can handle it.  It will be after 5, so pretty cool and dark.  I went ahead and put that warm stuff together.  My new hunting jacket and fleece pants are warm!  I will have to drive side by side about a mile, help SIL load bag of pellets and feed them to cows.  Then drive home in the dark.  My side by side has headlights, but it will be pretty cool.  Hopefully not raining.

I put my gear on and walked outside to see if I could hear any owls, but did not hear any.  I got warm quickly just standing there!

I love my daily book devotional today.  From Jeasus Calling by Sarah Young:  "when a future oriented worry assails you, capture it and disarm it by diffusing the light of My Presence into that mental image.  Say to yourself, "Jesus will be with me then and there.  With his help, I can cope.  Then come home to the present moment,  where you can enjoy Peace in my Presence ".

Day 9 and I am grateful for the ability and willingness to improve awareness to be present.

2 comments:

  1. Feeding cows in the cold and dark would not be my cup of tea. What is a side by side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An ATV (all terrain vehicle), like a 4 wheeler, only you sit 2 people side by side in regular seats instead of one behind the other straddling like a motorcycle.

      Delete