Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Week, Day 20 and 21

https://newsroom.statefarm.com/dont-let-cooking-fires-ruin-the-holidays/?cmpid=SOC:Newsroom:PA:Facebook&utm_source=m.facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

Yesterday we played golf again at the public course closest to our house, that is fairly affordable.  The free round the manager comp'd us a month ago, we had to start on back 9 and we got lost few times, rushed because it was on a Wednesday and they have seniors scramble on Wednesdays.  So, yesterday while cool (40s), it was sunny and very few playing.  So we took our time and played 1 through 18.  We really enjoyed it.  We are going to see if we really do want to play once a week in Dec then decide if it fits in our budget to join, or just pay as we go.

Yesterday I also sold a few things, so I have earned almost $200 for my friend's sister.  I will take 10% for my efforts...it's a lot of work.

Today we are going to paint one last part of trim on house we have dreaded and put off.  Wish us luck!

We discussed Thanksgiving with SIL Monday.   She and MIL decided to do prep together at MIL house.  DH was ready to speak up since SIL still working and I have never hosted/prep'd large gathering meal...MIL may have though better and may have been persuaded by SIL.  I am just glad I stayed out of that!

Happy Wednesday.   Thankful today for our house we love, to keep us warm and safe,  even if the maintenance is nearly killing us, lol.  Just kidding, we could have hired painting help...this will be last time I paint exterior anything.  Just trim even...

I am also thankful for sunny days to be able to get outside!

5 comments:

  1. Great weather for being outdoors is something to look forward to. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear you are enjoying golf. There are lots of bargains out there! Most courses where I live offer a senior discount starting at age 62. You also usually get a price break playing after 12 noon. Usually joining a club means you break even playing three days a week. There are meet-ups and other leagues you can join, and they usually negotiate good rates so you can play a variety of courses, if you prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ken and I tried golf. : ) I just laughed because I did so bad!! : )
    Hope all went well with the paint job.
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we play 3 times a month we break even. We would like to play 4 to 6 times a month. But DH has bad back. But it's just 1 year. We did the trim paint and survived!

      Delete