Sunday, November 11, 2018

Linen Closet

I wanted to show my linen closet after I cleaned it put and organized. 

Happy Veterans Day and thank you to you and your families for your service.

No yoga Friday, but had nice brisk walk in the sun.  And again Sat after I did some errands with SIL.  We fed cows successfully Fri and Sat.  We just finished for Sunday too.  BIL back from his truck driving job to take over.  While we were feeding Saturday, we realize a new baby just last night...our coldest night so far.  The extra nutrition helps momma feed the new babies.  She was off by herself...we took food over closer to her (not getting out if atv).  Real slow...eased away.

Back at SIL house, we could see newest momma eating her special food.  So we felt good, cold again tonight, Sunday thru Tues.  Then warm up a little.  Today was beautiful, sunny.  

DH got a nice sized 10 point buck.  We will have a feeezer full of organic game.  

We had burgers at Whataburger Saturday...yawn.  It was very mediocre.  I prefer Wendy's. 

Vitamin D ...do any of you feel S.A.D.?  It gets so dark so early.  I really notice in the evenings at home alone.   I have east wall of windows.   I really think my 45-60 min walks outside help.  Today I did not walk, but was outside enjoying the sunshine working in the yard for a little while.

Does S.A.D. affect you?  What do you do?


2 comments:

  1. SAD does affect me greatly. What do I do? I am lethargic, want to sleep too much, sort of glum. What do I do to get over it? I force myself to do everything!!! I force myself not to sleep or nap. I did use 13 60-watt bulbs in this room with kitchen lights on, hall, bathroom lights on, too. I could not bear to sit in the light and see a dark room. Plus, that light came into the room, too.

    I need a light box desperately. I do get out. If it is dry, I can sit outdoors now that the mosquitoes won't eat me alive. I get sun when I feed my chickens. Today, I pulled weeds in a planter and planted 20 onions. I would have worked longer, but my back and shoulders hurt.

    My best friend in hs had SAD, but I did not know that until she committed suicide 40 years later. I am not at risk of that, though. I just need more light and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea, the lights. I am going that more too. And I take vitamin D. That sounds productive planting onions. I will plant something in the spting!

    ReplyDelete