Thursday, November 1, 2018

30 Day Gratitude Challenge, Day 1

Now that we are retired, I have time to do some challenges...I am going to do the 30 day gratitude challenge on my blog, not on social media.

I read a great post by Karl Staib on Becoming Minimalist.  He is also considering mental clutter, which I want to consider now that everything about my life has changed due to retirement. Old, unhelpful,  negative thoughts...

Karl wrote:  "...I admit I have a long way to go, but each day I work on clearing clutter from my mind and my home. I’m getting better at noticing these thoughts and not letting them dictate my actions. I’m also noticing the recurring negative thoughts and combating them with the most powerful mental habit known to man.  Gratitude.  Choosing to be grateful for what I have and not feeling like I need more has provided a big improvement in my outlook and overall happiness."

DH and I did absolutely nothing yesterday.  I did some laundry and fixed a couple shelves on my side of the closet, but that's all.  I did not even get dressed properly (sweats) and no make up. 
We watched TV and movies.  It was great.  It rained all day.  When it got dark, I lit a candle and we turned out the lights. I had left overs for lunch and DH had left overs for dinner.   

Today we are going to get our haircut and get some coffee at Sam's.  I finally sold my velvet blackout drapes. 

I am grateful for this opportunity to explore doing, having, thinking less.  Helping me to get to know myself.  Have a wonderful first day of November. 

Trim before (medium brown)
                                                  

Trim after (white)

No comments:

Post a Comment