Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving, Thank YOU

Happy thanksgiving!

I made a post on social media that we had finished the difficult side of our house, getting trim painted and lived to see another Thanksgiving.  I sort of was only half way kidding.  It was dangerous and stressful and this is the very last time we will ever attempt this.  At least without scaffolding or a cherry picker!


DH was trying out some new sunglasses and got really dizzy.  Plus, he was up at the very peak on the extension ladder and had to reach way up and lean back.  I know from painting ceilings, leaning back is very hard on the back.  And I do yoga and have a strong back.  The really dangerous part is the tight squeeze between the house and the carport, so the ladder is very steep here and in danger of tipping back to dump one of us off!

I know he will be relaxing a lot today and I will treat him like a king.  After we finished the trim paint, we got up in the attic and finished the wiring with new cables so we can attach master bedroom and guest room/sitting room/office to antenna and watch 14 channels.

Then, I took down the old tattered lace curtains and put privacy film on the dormer windows into the attic.  It look really good now.  Then we had leftovers and fresh biscuits for dinner and I cooked up the meat for our lasagna today.

Here is attic windows before and after.  The difference is not clear in photos.  In person, it looks much nicer, cleaner and updated.




Today will be just quiet Thanksgiving.  Just us, DH family celebrates Saturday.

I have a lot of heaviness on my heart from some family and friends battling sickness and loneliness.  I just pray for all of you out there to have some light in your heart today and remember that whatever we feel heaviness about is only temporary.  Reach out and you will receive.

Today I am grateful for you.  The couple of people who read and comment.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

  1. Have a peaceful Thanksgiving day Nawm.

    Incidentally, what type of tree is that in your backyard?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some kind of oak, maybe red oak. We have 2 giant oaks.

      Delete
  2. Glad you got the painting done in safety. Not fun up so high on a ladder.
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete