Monday, July 30, 2018

More Remodeling Waiting

Kitchen and laundry floor installed, molding put back.  Installer was working injured, so he will come back next week and do quarter round.  Rather than try to patch the kick plates with vinyl, we decided to paint them white and do white quarter round.  I painted kick plates and exchanged quarter round.  MIL and FIL will let him in next week.  We just say we travel for work, or are at work.  We do not tell people we don't live here full time.
 
Electrician booked and quoted. While I was waiting for him Friday, I painted refrigerator door and some touch up trim from the old ruined wood floor removal.  Here is fridge before, during and after.
 
We picked out sink and counter tops.  My kitchen is going to be gorgeous, I am so  excited.  I have never gotten to pick out and do my own choices.   Also, I have done ALL the painting on this entire house and am proud to say it.  Took me over a year doing 2 weekends a month.  It was brutal.
 
Made a pie for bathroom contractor and took to him, he let us pick tomatoes!  His son mows our grass.  Here is the post on our bathroom they did.  https://rightsizeandrethink.blogspot.com/2018/04/before-and-after.html
 
We went out to eat lunch with my sister and last night went out with in laws to nice steak dinner.  Yesterday was DH and my anniversary.   I told DH I am fasting today.   He thinks I am kidding.





Back to the city to work. 

4 comments:

  1. It all looks very nice. Is there food in the refrigerator to convince someone you do live there? In 1977 I was able to pick out everything. I am still living with those choices and still love them. Well, I had had to replace appliances. Hopefully, you will be happy with your choices for as long as I have been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a long time in one house, I hope to build up some years here.

      Delete
  2. Must be nice to be in control and I hope like Linda that you will still love them in the long run.

    ReplyDelete