Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Bathroom Before and After

http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/?m=1
Have I got some Befores and Afters for you!  I love makeovers!  Make up and hair, clothes, but I LOVE HGTV worthy makeovers.  When I do a project at home, I make my husband wait for the "reveal".  He gets a kick out of it.  Usu, because I just work away and let him do his thing.  I just have a hard time sitting still but he does not.  But he is getting better at helping me and I am getting better at relaxing.  Hopefully in retirement, we will be good for each other!
So, my tile before and after is here.  We just love how it turned out.  The top part of our shower was already a nice neutral bright ivory.  We left it.  It did also have very light grout, the  light grout did not work out down low where the walls met the floor.  It had mildew that I could not get clean.  Our contractor said the walls were tiled, then the floor poured after//tiled.  Incorrectly.  He said they also used silicone instead/over/replaced some of the grout in the crack around the outside of the floor.  He rounded the walls into the floor, built the floor up and graded to the drain so the water will drain and not stand, we also put in a powerful fan just outside the shower and took the door off.  HOpefully, we won't have mildew.  The grout is also dark down low, the transition from light to dark acceptable to us.  We love how it looks and won't miss the pink!  We did the entire floor of the master bath in a coordinating tile with the same dark grout.  Have a wonderful Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment