Thursday, July 12, 2018

Thoughtful Thursday

Thinking of my DGM today, today is the anniversary of my father's death.  I know it is hard on her and on my brother and my dad's widow.  So for all of them I pause and say a prayer for peace and happy memories.  As for myself, I just try not to think to much on it and also pray for happy memories. 

I am going to have to search for NYC airline tickets soon and get those locked down.  Then DH and I will literally concentrate on paying off our 2 credit cards and putting a couple of his paychecks aside for Oct and Nov (we don't get his pension until end of Oct and SS until end of Nov).  He is not worried, I am a little.  We should get a check for his unused sick time and a check returning our money in escrow from city house.  Maybe even some from retirement house.  It is really hot and we need rain in the Midwest.  I am usually ready for fall by the end of June.  While I am at it, I can add patience to my list of prayers!  LOL. 

I have not done it for a while, but my stop and smell the roses lately is just lounging in our meat locker cold hotel room and just accepting...don't focus on the unfortunate part of this experience and we have been enjoying fruit and salads/smoothies, cool meals.  I especially enjoy relaxing after my late but still hot walks I am now doing at 8pm.  I am loving the long days still, but noticed that last night it was pitch black at 9:15.  Tonight I am having a relative help me with my flights search (my internet is bad at hotel), so I will enjoy a visit with her after work. 

What are you doing to take care of yourself?  Hope you have a moment to relax today.

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matt 11:28-30

4 comments:

  1. I envy you your AC!!!! Enjoy yourself during your visit to RH!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You be careful in this heat. I think how did we deal with no AC before. Glad that's where it stops, just a thought, then I stay inside and move on. haha

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I remember with friends about living without A/C. Were we more adaptable or was it really ever this hot? Stay safe and hydrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember as a child when in the city visiting relatives, hearing the cicadas and older kids outside playing with window fan as we tried to go to sleep.

      Delete