Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Feast

We have had 2 fire alarms at the hotel since Saturday.  Sat morning someone burned some popcorn badly enough to fill our entire floor with smoke.  I grabbed the dogs and my purse and ran outside, DH following.  Then Monday night at 12:30am it happened again.  It just lasted a few seconds and stopped, so we did not leave the room.  I think the one on Saturday gave some of the kids on exchange working the summer at an amusement park the idea...I hope it does not become a repeat thing.  We are growing weary of the hotel, we have made it through 1/3 of our stay.

I enjoyed a great hot yoga class last night.  My girlfriend brought me even more homegrown tomatoes!  So, after yoga I had my usual smoothie and I also had a beautiful hearty perfectly ripend tomato and some of my refrigerator pickles I make every summer that remind me of my mom.  She cut hers much thinner and peeled the cucumbers and added onion.  I did not have onion Sunday when I made mine, I just peal a strips spaced about 1/2 inch apart and cut them thick.  Then I usu add salt and pepper and a pinch of celery salt and sugar and AC vinegar and water.  Sunday I did not have celery salt, but added splash of balsamic vinegar and lemon pepper seasoning, and splash of Cajun seasoning.  This is great summer food, easy to make in our tiny extended stay kitchenette.

Look at my cute doggy wanting a bite of my veggies!


Have a wonderful Wednesday.  This is my Thursday, as I am taking Friday off to oversee the finishing of kitchen floor at RH and I am leaving Thurs right after work.  DH is going to bring our suburban and park it at RH in his shop.  We have decided the extra belongings we had stored in it - we will not need and if he needs suits/shirts/ties for work - it will not be until Sept and he will have enough notice, that he can just bring some up one a trip beforehand. 

So, I will have tiny bit of unpacking to do Friday or Sat and few light chores, but I am mostly planning to relax at RH and tidy up, do a little cleaning after kitchen floors are done.  And I finally get to put down my rug I have had rolled up for 4 years - not wanting to trample on it with all our moving stuff in...Can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. The vegetables look absolutely delicious. RH? What is that. I just found your blog, so having to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RH is Retirement House - I need to just say house now because we sold CH City House. We still live in city, just in extended stay hotel for 2 more months.

      Delete
  2. Hope those fire alarms have quit. It would be awful to become desensitized to them and ignore a real one.
    Loved your pup keeping an eye on your food, hoping for the best. What a healthy meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not mention this in my post, but DH did not hear the alarm either so I am really nervous for him to stay in the hotel without me. But he thinks he was just sleeping heavy, I know the dogs would start barking and wake him up.

      Delete
    2. (knocking on wood) We have not had any since.

      Delete