Thursday, September 6, 2018

We Are Trying

I am wanted to open the door and scream at the people across the hall.  The last 2 nights the people  who share several rooms on  the 2nd floor of the hotel congregate in the room directly across from ours.  We can hear them for well into the wee hours and last night it was ridiculous.  They were in there cheering.  It sounded like a WalMart associates pep meeting where people rah rah rah.  Crazy.  I sat up and looked at the clock, it  said 2:40.  This was after I was already woke up at 11:38.  So I lay back down and I hear a knock.  I look out our peep hole.  The night hotel clerk is telling them to be quiet.  They are bothering other guests too. 

Then I woke again at 4am and it was quiet.  Finally got some good sleep between 4 and 6.  When I walked the dog at 6:05, two of them were standing out in the hall.  What?!  I realize they are young, but how do these people function with no sleep?!

The weeds are so tall around the hotel where we walk the dogs that our little female had a tick and so did my husband.  Speaking of weeds, I heard from the yard mower that he mowed and is coming back to mow again Sat.  Good luck, is supposed to rain from the hurricane moving up through the Mississippi Valley.  I forwarded text to DH.  When I got home, he said his folks also drove by and observed our yard.  They said it looks pretty bad still.  Great.

Yesterday was my SIL birthday.  We left her a card when we saw them and cooked dinner for them Sat.  She is so tired of the politics in our little town, that she is retiring early - end of December.
I went by and saw my uncle in the hospital last night.  He looks ok.  In a lot of pain.  He fell, broke several bones.  Has fluid in lungs, they drained in procedure - still has a drain.  He was very loopy on pain meds and Ativan.  I took my aunt to dinner.  We talked about diff stuff like death and wills, assisted living, family.  Wow.  Life is so precious.

Have a wonderful Thursday.  I got home last night and gave my DH a big hug.

5 comments:

  1. I had to stay in a motel in order to attend a grad class on Friday and Saturday. Just my luck there was some sort of sports tournament in town. AND, the motel was filled with them. I was so miserable having to attend class on Sat and then drive home. I understand. I hope things get better with your family. Where are you geographically?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How much longer are in in that motel? I hope y'all can leave soon.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nightmare your living arrangements are. At least someone else reported them.

    ReplyDelete