Saturday, September 15, 2018

Projects

Besides having a new pup and 2 not thrilled chihuahuas, I cored and froze 6 gallons of apples and painted 2 ceiling fans.

I will post photos Monday of the ceiling fan project.  I had put this off as long as I could.  Was sort of a pain, so glad I finished.

We drove to retirement home Friday just in time to pick up Charlie from the shelter.  She is doing really well.  She is very submissive to the chihuahuas, so they are tolerating her.

She slept on the floor next to my side of the bed.  I have walked her 3 times, twice with our female chi.  Charlie takes instructions well.  Is really sweet temperament.

DH folks met her and she impressed them with her calm personality.

DH and I are still sick, so we are otherwise resting and having ice cream (ice coconut substitute for me).

Stay cool everyeveryone, it was mid 90's here in the south today!  Lordy be.  And my heart goes out for all you on the east coast.

3 comments:

  1. I am glad there is no dog drama. What kind of dog is Charlie? You may have said, and it may have slipped through my mind, out of my mind. I am in the South, and it is sweltering like it was in the hottest part of summer. Ice cream makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need pictures of Charlie. Ice cream is the best medicine. Be well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will post pictures tomorrow! Charlie they said is a lab mix, but does not have webbed feet and shows no interest in fetching. She also does not have lab ears. She does have lab head. I think she might be some type of shepherd/border collie mix. She has tendency to "herd" and she is very smart.

    ReplyDelete