Monday, September 10, 2018

Charlie

So this happened Saturday.  We have been looking a few weeks at pictures of possible 3rd dog to adopt.  DH found this one very close to our home.  Asked me to go see her while I was there for girls' weekend.  I really liked her.  Very sweet.  So, we signed the papers.

She will be spayed this week and we get her Friday.  Guess we will just make it work for 2 weeks either with her in our hotel room, or have her board for 2 weeks.  Guess boarding her 2 weeks is not the end of the world.  Not much diff than being in the shelter.  It is not ideal, but as soon as we get her home, we will spoil her rotten. 

She won the doggy lottery.  Her name is Charlie.  For our trip to NYC, we have secured a house sitter coming for the Wed through Sunday.

Have a great Monday.  I need more coffee.  I have splitting headache from ragweed, but at least it is cooling outside now.  I love that.

5 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to say how much I love the flag photo and the sky at the head of your blog. Should a dog recuperating from surgery be in a kennel? What kind of dog is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very good point about recuperation, I will look into that. She is a lab mix. But I think not much lab, because her ears are not lab ears and I think she is going to stay medium size - prob about 50 pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the new dog. Hope she recovers OK. My allergies are killing my head also. Grrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrid headache Monday first thing. Partly due to lack of sleep due to stompers above. Then Monday afternoon sore throat. This am I have gargled salt, which helped. Now having Emergen-C packet with my Kombucha.

      Delete
  4. Update: I have called to check on her, she is still at vet getting spayed. They have confirmed that her vaccination will include Bordatella, so we are going to take her to doggy day care for the hours we are at work Mon 17 throu Friday 28th. That is, if there is room for her and they will take her. I am waiting on a phone call from dog day care.

    ReplyDelete