Saturday, September 1, 2018

Gratitude

I have been getting a lot of bad news last few weeks/months.  My cousin who I love dearly diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, given months to live.  My grandmother is 99 years old, her SIL is 94.  My FIL has declined, he is 84 and really slowing way down.  My uncle is also 84 and just fell, fracturing his hip.  My BIL diagnoses with lymphoma - he is stable and not being treated.  My good friend, N, diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.  My nephew in a horrible car accident.  I struggle with the doubt and fear.  What do I do? 

Feel gratitude.  My sister and I lost our mom at 24 and 19.  My late mother has 2 sisters that we love.  My uncle always welcomed us to come visit.  He was like a hero in my eyes.  He still is.  My grandmother has lived to the incredible old age of 99.  Her SIL is like another grandmother to me...and still alive.  Her daughter has lived a colorful, interesting life - many things I can relate to.  I feel close to her and cherish her.  I am watching my nieces and nephew grow and get their education, have careers, make choices, get married, learn lessons...My friends are starting to have losses, but if anyone can beat the C word, N can!  And my friend T getting out of jail soon!

I have in laws today that I love like my own blood relatives.  I am going to be able to live close to them and help DH care for them and be there for them. 

As I sit here and type, it is easy to feel gratitude.  To remember to give credit for these surpluses!  The original negative thoughts I had are natural.  Thank you Jesus

4 comments:

  1. Remembering the positives is a great way to handle bad news Keep that glass half full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have had a load of bad news from all over. It is hard to stay strong, but you will, I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure hope you get some good news soon!

    ReplyDelete