Friday, September 28, 2018

First Day of Retirement 1.0

I am saying 1.0...because,  well...I like to have options.

Slept in, 15 min later than usual.  Walked 1 dog.   Enjoyed coffee and packing up our room.

I will write about my last day of work and my happy hour tomorrow.

After coffee I took Male dog to vet, checked his glands.  They are ok, he must be itching dye to allergies.   Makes sense, the grass around hotel is about a foot tall.

Made a phone call (anonymously) to room above us.  I have started doing this regularly and it gives me a re as l boost.

Got gussied up and put on a dress.  Going to DH retirement luncheon now.   It should be mostly nerve racking,  but hopefully last time I wear a dress for at least 3 months (I am going to an NYE wedding).

The weather is beautiful! Sunny and 65.  Perfect for a drive 4 hours to retirement home later today.  I can put on my audio book and just relax.  I will have one of the dogs.   The other two will ride in suburban with DH.

Have a great Friday!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! You made it. How very exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first it will seem like you are just on vacation--then you will realize that everyday is a weekend. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete