Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Three More Weeks

And we close on our CH.  I think DH is feeling the stress as much as I am.  We handle it differently.  He holds it in becoming more quiet and then takes it out on inanimate objects.  I am an open book, letting everyone around me feel my stress, talking about it and taking it out on him.  I recognize it early and intend to get a handle on it BEFORE we are stuck in an extended stay hotel for 3 months with 2 small yappy dogs while we undergo probably the most intense change we will face as a couple.  I will be saying the serenity prayer a lot!  He gets mad and lets me know it, but then pretty much moves on.  I get mad and then adopt a fatalistic outlook and I have to keep that in check.  This is just temporary and we will get through this...just stop asking me where random objects are!  There are boxes everywhere and I have a pretty good idea what is in them, but I don't stress too much because everytime we take a load, we unpack and bring most of the boxes back to reuse.  This is how we have done our entire move.  I think we will be pretty much organized once we get done - well before we actually move permanenty.  But is also makes me feel like we have been moving for 2 years.  DH assures me he is onboard and agrees with my strategy and is grateful for it.  Thus our pattern emerges...me deciding stuff, then second guessing myself and him honestly telling me what he thinks.  I better get used to steering, I think he is going to have me steer more and more and I have mixed feelings about that.  I can't ignore the map, steer wrong way and then yell when he corrects me.  Likewise, he can't criticize when he did not help me decide on a course ahead of time.  Have a great Tuesday people.  I am curious how other people navigate such big changes with their loved ones.  Anyone out there listening?  Anyone?  Anyone?  HAHA

4 comments:

  1. If y'all are closing on the CH in 3 weeks why are u in an extended stay motel for 3 months?
    Is Hubs still working or retired yet?
    I know that lots of big changes coming at once(moving and retiring for example)tend to freak most people out and they don't handle all of it well.
    I've found that most men are clueless about locating things anyway so he's just normal, right? lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sold our house ourselves, no realtor, so we built in plenty of time. DH does not retire till end of Sept. So this was our plan. He was totally on board, so that helps! He can tell me something is not where I say it is and I get up and come look and find it immediatelty!

      Delete
  2. We moved the same way. Packing boxes, unpacking boxes at the new location and repacking them at the old. In the end the move turned out pretty good. Less to unpack when all was said and done. Moving can be stressful but it will all work out. Good luck and just stop and take a breath now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Literally and figuratively a deep breath. I do. I secretly enjoy these trips where I drive a sep car, I listen to my audio books and just have some solitude and down time. He takes one dog and I take one!

      Delete