Monday, June 11, 2018

Stars Can't Shine Without Darkness

Yesterday was my late husband's birthday.  He died in 1993 from leukemia.   He fought hard.  He was very protective of me and took care of me even as he lay dying in a hospital bed.  I have a great life today, living without him 25 years later.  I thought of him a lot last week and then realized why Saturday.  It was during lunch with my sis.  I happen to be happily married today, which has nothing to do with the loss I still feel on days like this...except, I can't wallow too much in it.   But that would not be beneficial anyway.

2 comments:

  1. My husband of 28 years lost his first wife to cancer. This is what he said to me, "Our hearts will always carry scars from our past but time creates a space where we can keep those memories. Every now and then they resurface either with a smile or tear and then we move on again." You have moved on and that's what your husband would have wanted. Honour his memory when it interrupts your day and then move forward and enjoy the gifts you have now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautifully said. Thank you. My late husband told me on his death bed to move on and find someone else. I was 26 at the time.

    ReplyDelete