Tuesday, June 12, 2018

More Move Planning

My husband and I have one more load of stuff to haul and find places to put it.  Then we have a load of cleaning supplies, ladders, vacuum and plants.  The plants will go to my MIL to be watered for 3 months.  Then the last load to the extended stay hotel.  We are tired.  I am moving away from "what I did to prepare for my move" to "what I did to stop and smell the roses"...Saturday I drove my convertible and had lunch with my sister.   Sunday, I sat and watched TV a couple hours in the afternoon and sat in our camp chairs out on our balcony to enjoy our view as much as we can since we only have 3 more weeks.  It was too hot to walk until late 7:30.  When I got home Sun from walking I made a smoothie, took a shower and asked DH if he wanted to sit on our deck in the cool 70+ degree weather.  He said, we don't have anything to sit on.  I reminded him of the camp chairs in the garage.  When I got out of the shower, he had them ready.  We just sat out there for 30 min.  No phones.  It was nice.  We are trying to take it in.  Our view is the favorite thing about our house.  Monday I started a Max Lucado book.  Tuesday will be yoga.  I am going to mentally start the slow down because mentally is where the challenge for retirement will be for me.  And physically, eventually.  Let's worry about mental first.  Deep breath...I got this. 

2 comments:

  1. Moving is hard. I can't believe I used to do it so frequently when I was younger - by choice! The amount of stuff that accumulates is ridiculous and I'm struggling with the stuff that I have. I think just sitting is good whilst you do the move, as and when you can, thinking (or not) and just being and enjoying the rest. Big changes take a lot out of you and you need the time to recharge and reflect. You live in a beautiful spot - that sunset is glorious! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For us this move is huge and we are retiring/slowing down soon so we have looked forward to for years. I want to slow down and enjoy this time that has finally gotten here. The timing has been a great reminder that I need to continually and prob forever need to be considering the amount of stuff we have.

      Delete