Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Budget

I have 3 months to pay off my 4000 credit card, while maintaining my stringent saving and budgeting plan.  This is $100 over budget, because I charged my mani pedi instead of paying cash.  I also plan to go back one more time to this esthetician and have a facial along with my mani pedi - maybe right before we move.  I will make it up.  I received $107 from a class action settlement about billing practices for this licensing prep class.  I will add it to our cash stash - we are up to $800.  We want to have $1000 squirreled away in our home safe for emergencies.
I also have to buy another delivery of a couple of my supplements before I am in between addresses - so, that is another $200 I have to come up with.  I may have to see if the extended stay hotel will let me get a package.  I order a probiotic from Amazon that is pricey and has to be refrigerated, but if i go more than a couple of days with out it, I get incredibly sick.  I already put aside $400 for my last 4 months of parking.  So, I should be ok.  We have to pay $103 a month to park.  For the first 10 years I worked here at this downtown, I found free parking a couple blocks away.  It was sort of a pain, but I got used to it.  At another place in another city, I had to pay $50 a month 20 years ago and still walk further than 2 blocks, so walking 2 blocks for free seemed doable.  Then, we had a pretty cold winter this past winter and a friend and I decided to pay Jan through March to park in parking garage and we never looked back!  But, we did figure out that by parking free for 10 years, we had saved over $12,000!  $100/month x 12 = 1200 x 10 years = $12,000.  So paying for 8 months isn't so bad.  Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment