Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Lighting

I think I mentioned this earlier, but since I have discovered LED bulbs, I am digging them!  As my eyesight ages, the more light I need.  Retirement house has sev of the smaller celing fans with the small blades and the single light, well the entrance through the garage through "utility room" we call it, had a very dim light.  So, this weekend I finally put my 100 watt equivalent LED bulb in - so nice!  We have done DH workshop inside and out, the garage and we are also going to change out master bath and attic.  I really hate overhead lights burning all the time, but when I need to see to clean or move something, etc I like the option of turning them on.  I mostly enjoy softer lamp light all over my house though day to day.  As soon as we move, I am going to hire electrician to do some lighting in the kitchen.  it has very poor lighting and I use the kitchen a lot, so I am going to have under cabinet lights, a better light at our eat in nook (with a dimmer) and lights over the bar.  I am also going to have the under sink cabinet and the pantry fitted with lights that go on and off with the opening of the cabinet.  I am excited!  I found pendant lights that will hold the 100 watt equivalent for the LED bulbs.  The house was build in 1997 and at the time, brass was evidently in.  So, all my lighting and door nobs/hinges are brass.  I don't care if it is not "in", I like it.  Actually it sort of is "in" now and it is pretty easy to find brass lighting to match.  the pendants are just a single hanging brass socket with gold cords and a simple round globe.  Since I painted our entire house gray inside and all the wood work was already white, the brass looks nice with the cool tones.  When people ask if I am going to upgrade I say hell no. 
Do you guys like something that is out of style or not on trend that you keep?
Here is a picture of our solar light for the flag pole. 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! If I like it, it is in style in my house. I hate that people think they have to make a house look more modern, or update it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think trends and updating is just ways to make people spend money and buy more stuff! I do what I like!

    ReplyDelete