Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Cheat Days

I am finally getting a handle on my tummy troubles.  I have cut back on my prescription - my gastro dr would kill me.  But it has serious risks and was not working for me, even though a scope showed I was in good shape.  I question a lot of the timing of this test because this last scope was while I was on steroids - so could that be what was working?  Regardless day to day I was feeling worse on the strong prescription with the high risks.  Plus side effects included a hard bloated midsection, more hunger and loss of hair...plus rashes.  I decided I can't do this and started working on a few supplements/vitamin/minerals and have really tried to watch my diet.  I have implemented a couple of anti microbials (Pau d'Arco and grapefruit seed extract).  And I really think between them and the digestive enzyme and probiotic, i have a balance that is really working together.  There are sources out there that caution against GSE but they also call into question whether candida is real.  I know from symptoms and blood work testing that it is a real dysfunction and I am cutting sugar, dairy and processed foods to minimize it.  My next step will be to reduce meat consumption and when i do have it  - only locally sourced meat (when I do have it - maybe once a day) and organic foods.  This is not just to feel better emotionally, but to try to heal my body.  Sometimes I get overwhelmed at the implication that my health is in my power, but the results prevent me from denying it.  Thank goodness for cheat days!

No comments:

Post a Comment