Thursday, March 29, 2018

Do Not Worry

Matthew 6:25-34 New International Version (NIV). 
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
I forgot to mention that I sold a pricey pendant that I had made few years ago.  It was never my style and I would never wear it.  So, I made $526 on it, $420 after PM cut.  I am putting it toward my Roth for 2018.  I am happy to have it gone.  Sometimes just a small step toward something, builds momentum (saving for retirement).  My husband is through with his accumulation, but I am really not.  I am 13 years younger than my husband and although we could be able to live frugally on his retirement till I get my social security in 15 years, the reality is that things happen and I need to continue to plan and accumulate just in case.  If something happened to him prior to my getting SS, I would have to go back to work and I am fully capable and willing to do that.  I am giving time now for spending it with him, prepared to go back to work at an older age and likely a more difficult task (difficult to find anything at all at an older age/longer break in employment, difficult to find anything rewarding that will not be at least partially physical (standing, lifting, carrying) and difficult because I will be older and out of the routine.  But it is a chance I willingly take to spend time with DH now while we are still relatively young and in good basic health.
P.S.  My  dog is better, he has a kidney stone and we are giving him special food and started him on heart meds for his heart murmur.  So, if the expensive food does not help dissolve the calcification, he will be as strong as he can with his heart, for surgery.  I also caved too and begged my Dr for steroids.  All the stress of moving, selling the house, the dog being sick, worry over my grandmother and my cousin etc just had me doubled over in pain.  I took one dose and immediately felt better.  I am truly going to focus on going totally healthy eating, but while we are back and forth moving and living out of boxes/extended stay hotel, I just want this plan in place so that I can function.  I cannot afford to be flat on my back now.  This fall, I will vow to never eat fast food again, if I can just get through this time of transition.  I was so sick last night I just sat down and had a good cry and immediately felt the release...March is almost over and we are gonna make it out alive if it kills me!

2 comments:

  1. You do so much you make me incredibly tired....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have, but I seem especially frenzied lately doing projects on both houses, getting one moved in, moving stuff, purging, getting one ready to sell. Hopefully city house will sell fast! I am ready to slow down!

    ReplyDelete