Monday, March 5, 2018

Couple of Befores

So we got last 2 bookcases moved and the less sturdy shelf from Ikea we will use for shoes and folded clothes in back of closet.  All three along with a bunch of coats and a few dishes and other odds and ends fit back of suburban!  Oh, and my new rug for sitting room!
We literally had to remove chair rail moulding and sledge hammer the 4th bookshelf into the dining room/library.  Then I painted them white again.  Looks a bit crowded, but good!  I will not be keeping the large round table and hutch in there for ever.  It will be better with a smaller table.  I will prob wait until my niece or nephew get a house and then see if they want the set.
 
Then I put new rug in sitting room and moved that smaller rug into library.  The thing I am most excited about though is that we are getting rid of moldy pink shower.  The shower has no fan and a door, plus the floor is not angled toward the drain.  So water just sits all around and mold has grown that I tried everything to remove.  The shower is large and plain off white tile all the way up from the pink tile, so we are leaving that.  They will take out the pink tile and built in seat, angle the floor and put a strong fan/light in the top.  Our contractor also pointed out that the grout had been covered or replaced with silicone caulk down around the bottom where all the water stands/mold grew.  We think these changes will fix the mold.  (I should probably say mildew). 

My husband helped me take off the little door and it already opened the look so much!  We decided to try it with no curtain for a while, see if we can leave it off all together.
 
Next time we go to RH, we will have all tile floor in master and updated shower.  I can hardly wait! 

It was truly the last thing that we are going to change that made us sad every time we looked at it.  A few other changes will have to wait until we can save up for them, but the house just looks amazing to us and we just love being there. 
Have a wonderful week.  Hope someone reading drops by and tells me what spring cleaning/organizing/purging/improving has inspired you lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment